Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sickness hit the Eames'

While we were at my Parents for our last wedding (pictures to come) our kids got sick. We drove on a Thursday night. Everyone was fine. Got to my parents and put the kids down and then Sam woke up at Midnight. He had thrown up in his pack and play. Cleaned him up got him to calm down and put him down again. Then a couple hours later I heard him do it again. I picked him up and the poor guy was just limp. Cleaned him up again and put him down. Then about 4:30 a.m. Hailey came up stairs and said she had just thrown up. Cleaned her up and the mess and that little girl keep throwing up. By then she had nothing left. She did good however and make sure she made it to the bathroom. So we had such fun plans on Friday and the only well one was Ellie who talked her dad into taking her to the Ogden Treehouse. Luckily it was just 24 hours and by Saturday morning everyone was feeling better. It was such a blessing because that was the wedding day. We had a wonderful time with my family and were so happy to be part of Justin and Lindsy's big day!
Because we teach them to all share Ellie woke up Saturday night at midnight and had thrown up. Let's just say hers was by far the worse. I think it took me about 45 minutes to clean it up. We had to spring forward an hour and then on top of that we left around 4:30 a.m. so we could make it to church to hear our good friends son's farwell talk. Grandma said Ellie should take the bowl home with her.......wow how thankful I was for that bowl and that Ellie made it in the bowl. She held it the rest of the way home.....just in case.

We felt so bad that we brought this sickness with us. I think we washed about every towel and blanket at my parents. However, so many blessings. First, our van was spared any throw up. Second, no one was sick on Saturday. Third, neither David or I got sick. Fourth, we were able to be in the temple with our family and witness a sealing. The positives out weighed the negatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment